sustantivo (plural boss-cockies)Australian /NZ • informal
- 1A farmer who employs labour.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Variations developed, such as cow-cocky to describe dairy farmers, and boss-cocky, which originally referred to the owner of a large station but later came to mean anyone in authority.
- Piech's position as boss-cocky will be taken by Bernd Pischetsrieder next month.
- Because they are deluded by a sense of their own goodness and are fearful of other person's freedom, they want to be boss-cockies, or Big Brothers.
- 1.1A person in authority.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The queen's position as boss cocky is determined by the Constitution.
- After he left Junee he ended up as boss cocky of Nevada State pen.
- Liz remarks that Karen Fox sees herself as Boss Cocky, eh?