- 1A style of Brazilian music derived from samba but placing more emphasis on melody and less on percussion.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- From swing, acid jazz and bossa nova to hip hop and jazz rock, the music sometimes has a 1940s sound, while at other times it seems extremely modern.
- No imported musical form - except perhaps reggae - has permeated US music as deeply as bossa nova.
- Among them is the gentle bossa nova of the title track, which essentially lifts the feel of Pet Sounds closer ‘Caroline No’.
- 1.1A dance to this music.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dance as if your middle name was dude or diva: try the bossa nova and don't be afraid of shimmying.
1960s: from Portuguese, from bossa 'tendency' and nova (feminine of novo) 'new'.
Más definiciones de bossa novaDefinición de bossa nova en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.