Definición de botanical en inglés:
Relating to botany: botanical specimens
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The botanical specimens went to various herbaria at Harvard University.
- Around 1900 a fungus came into the country on a shipment of botanical specimens from Japan.
- What about the botanical specimens he studied while traipsing around the Imperial grounds in a suit, tie and rubber boots?
sustantivo(usually botanicals) Volver al principio
A substance obtained from a plant and used typically in medicinal or cosmetic products.
- Included under the act's definition of dietary supplements are such widely divergent substances as vitamins, minerals, herbs or other botanicals, amino acids or any extract or combination of them.
- Recent interest in alternatives to traditional synthetic pesticides has resulted in numerous products containing botanicals, oils, soaps and microbial materials.
- Many useful drugs are botanicals derived from plants.
- Example sentences
- Sipping tea before the botanic feast of flowers and trees that surrounds the bowling green, the men and women in white were perplexed by the slurs.
- One clings onto a pair of lofty branches with his arms spread so that the large leaves resemble the wings of a botanic angel.
- Our academy of science is very interested in this research field, and Scotland is particularly strong in it, because of its long tradition of botanic knowledge.
- Example sentences
- Although Europeans settled this county in the early 1800's, it has not been carefully and thoroughly studied botanically.
- Rockingham County, located in northwestern Virginia, is the third largest county in the state and is botanically rich and diverse.
- The drawings are simple, lovely, and botanically accurate.
Definición de botanical en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia