Definición de bother en inglés:
- Apparently, no one cared enough about this old house to even bother with locking the door.
- You thought that some of the volunteers were too much trouble to bother with after you messed them about last year.
- Soon, nobody will bother with such outdated languages at all, especially after the Revolution comes.
- But the Gateshead Harrier, who finished sixth when he last competed at the championships in 1993, said the early start will not bother him.
- Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, commented that the margin of victory did not bother him.
- Part of the suspicion is of course because it's something that's a new way of doing things, and change always bothers some people.
- Carl and my sister Michelle never seemed too bothered about travelling.
- But many children in the city seem not much bothered about this year's school re-opening.
- I'm less bothered about my bus shelter now, though I would obviously prefer there to be a stop there so it would be more convenient to get a bus.
- The motorist felt that my time would be better spent booking the speeding students who were attending the college and not bothering him and inconveniencing him in his motor repairs.
- They managed this with no fuss and without interrupting or bothering us in any way.
- The inconvenience did not bother me nearly as much as the attitude with which I was treated.
sustantivo[mass noun] Volver al principio
- They left to find another bus stop because they ‘didn't want any bother or trouble.’
- Getting rid of all the fuss and bother or hassle of looking after your contact lenses, it becomes part of the body and it's not an invasive procedure.
- He interviews himself, which does save a lot of bother.
- Isnt that uniform a bother to you, with people always coming up to you? my brother asked.
- So our old natures rebel and we let them know in subtle little ways that they are a bother.
- The black marks were a bother.
exclamaciónBritish Volver al principio
- She is wearing jeans and a Winnie the Pooh T-shirt with the slogan: ‘Oh bother!’
- 1can't be bothered (to do something)
- Be unwilling to make the effort needed to do something: they couldn’t be bothered to look it upMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Although they have everything going for them they can't be bothered to put in the necessary effort to help themselves to fulfil their potential.
- If you can't be bothered to imagine, let me tell you.
- I have split ends but can't be bothered to go get my hair cut.
- 2hot and bothered
- In a state of anxiety or physical discomfort, especially as a result of being pressured: others struggle with bags and briefcases, looking hot and botheredMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He was cursing and yelling, but Jess was too hot and bothered to worry about it.
- As for spider cannibalism, this happens frequently, and usually under different circumstances: Males hot and bothered by comely females will venture forth for the chance to mate.
- If you're a squeamish sort, who doesn't get all hot and bothered by blood, guts and gore the way I do, then I strongly suggest you don't click on the link I'm about to show you.
Late 17th century (as a noun in the dialect sense 'noise, chatter'): of Anglo-Irish origin; probably related to Irish bodhaire 'noise', bodhraim 'deafen, annoy'. The verb (originally dialect) meant 'confuse with noise' in the early 18th century.
The origins of bother are in Ireland. It is probably related to Irish bodhaire ‘deafness’ and bodhraim ‘to deafen, annoy’. It is first recorded meaning ‘noise, chatter’. In the 18th century emphasis moves to worry, annoyance, and trouble. The word quickly spread out of its Anglo-Irish confines, and in the 19th century appears as a common mild oath in the works of Dickens and Thackeray. The late 1960s gave us bovver, ‘deliberate troublemaking’, which represents a cockney pronunciation of the word. The bovver boy (a hooligan or skinhead) wore bovver boots, heavy boots with a toe cap and laces. The Catherine Tate Show, introduced and popularized the catchphrase ‘Am I bovvered?’ in 2004.
Palabras que riman con botherpother
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.