A large rock, typically one that has been worn smooth by erosion.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The organisation said the most numerous relics were rock carvings found on boulders and outcrops.
- The trail narrowed, weaving round giant boulders and overhangs of smooth rock.
- The reverie was broken as if someone hurled a boulder into a smooth flowing stream.
- bouldery adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A bouldery summit with a large cairn looms large, fooling many into believing this is the summit.
- The Spey snakes between rolling hills, with stretches of bouldery rapids and limpid pools where salmon leap and plop.
- Flanagan lowered his close-shaved, bouldery head, studied me with unwavering eyes, then took a swallow from his pint.
Late Middle English: shortened from earlier boulderstone.
Palabras que riman con boulderbeholder, folder, holder, moulder (US molder), polder, scolder, shoulder, smoulder (US smolder), upholder, withholder
Entrada del diccionario de inglés estadounidense
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda