1A person employed to maintain the outer fences of a cattle or sheep station.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Charles came to Australia in 1869 and eventually found employment as a boundary rider at Mount Gipps Station near Silverton.
- He pegged the first mineral lease at Broken Hill, NSW, while working as a boundary rider in September 1883.
- The reason for the speedy growth was mining - a boundary rider was checking the fences and found silver, zinc and lead.
1.1 Australian Rules Football A roving reporter at a football game, especially one who is based on the playing field boundary and has specialist knowledge of the game: Channel 7's boundary rider interviewed him up close and personal
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After footy he became a TV and later radio sport reporter and was Channel Seven's boundary rider at AFL games in Perth.
- But if there was an award for most words in 10 seconds, it surely went to the Irish "Dipper" post match boundary rider as he questioned players immediately after Ireland won the second of the International Rules Tests overnight at Croke Park.
- Incensed with Seven's coverage of the Blues' loss to Sydney, he took his criticisms to boundary rider Cameron Ling at the half-time break.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda