Definición de bovine en inglés:
1Relating to or affecting cattle: bovine tuberculosis bovine tissue
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One possible threat is bovine tuberculosis, a disease probably introduced to South Africa through domestic cattle brought in by European settlers at the end of the 18th century.
- The pests were introduced to New Zealand in the 19th century and today spread bovine tuberculosis to livestock and wreak havoc on forests, competing with native birds for food.
- Because of their bovine family ties, cattle and buffalo turn out to be vulnerable to many of the same pathogens, such as foot-and-mouth disease and bovine tuberculosis.
1.1(Of a person or their manner) sluggish or stupid: a look of bovine contentment came into her face
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In between, he kept saying something to the noble looking bovine companion, who was deeply involved with whatever she was munching, and couldn't care less what her master was trying to convey.
- In it I expose the almost bovine stupidity of a famous Leftist psychologist who tries to pin authoritarianism onto conservatives.
- How sad, I'm writing about my stupid bovine great aunt.
stupid, slow, dim-witted, dull-witted, ignorant, unintelligent, imperceptive, half-baked, vacuous, mindless, witless, obtuse, doltish, blockish, lumpish, wooden;
stolid, phlegmatic, placid, somnolent, sluggish, torpid, lifeless, inert, inanimate
informalthick, thickheaded, thick as two short planks, dumb, dense, dim, dopey, slow on the uptake, dead from the neck up, boneheaded, blockheaded, lamebrained, chuckleheaded, dunderheaded, wooden-headed, muttonheaded, pig-ignorant, birdbrained, pea-brained
Scottish & Northern English informalglaikit
West Indian informaldotish
sustantivoVolver al principio
An animal of the cattle group, which also includes buffaloes and bison.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The last aurochs, the wild bovines from which domesticated cattle are descended, died in Poland in the seventeenth century, not long before the last dodos were killed on Mauritius.
- Most numerous are ibex, of which there are twelve carvings, followed by horses, aurochs and other bovines, deer, and mammoths.
- Max will bring art from all of these projects to this year's show, along with the famous VW Bug painted in a wild spectrum of Max colors, as well as some beautiful bovines from Cow Parade New York 2000.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Your owner has sent you on a mission to steal as much hay as is bovinely possible from the surrounding farms.
- To the bovinely challenged: cow patties, or cow pies, are splats of cow manure shaped kind of like Frisbees.
- On second thought, I would much rather pay the price of inner human turmoil rather than be bovinely tranquil.
Palabras que riman con bovineJugurthine • grapevine
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda