- The large intestine or large bowel consists of the colon and the section before the anus, the rectum.
- This misplaced tissue may be found on the ovaries, uterus, bowel, pelvis and abdomen.
- Cancer of the small bowel, the longer, thinner part of the intestines is much rarer.
- But what if someone stood up and admitted whatever he held deep within the bowels of his soul.
- Deep in bowels of the mansion was the epicentre of communication technology and field command.
- He would have to take it deep into the bowels of the earth, for the glorious Garland Battle was about to begin.
Middle English: from Old French bouel, from Latin botellus, diminutive of botulus 'sausage'.
Old French bouel has given bowel in English, from Latin botellus ‘little sausage’, from botulus, source of botulism (late 19th century), a form of food poisoning, adopted from German Botulismus, originally ‘sausage poisoning’.
Palabras que riman con bowelavowal, Baden-Powell, disembowel, dowel, Howell, Powell, rowel, towel, trowel, vowel
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: bowel
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.