- A strong-billed Australasian bird, noted for the male’s habit of constructing an elaborate run or bower adorned with feathers, shells, and other objects to attract the female for courtship.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Ptilonorhynchidae: several genera and species
- Male bowerbirds construct elaborately decorated bowers (which are not nests, but courtship arenas) and females prefer builders of higher quality bowers as mates.
- Male bowerbirds famously woo females by fashioning elaborate bowers - not nests but U-shaped showplaces with parallel walls of twigs.
- Studies by a scientist at the University of Maryland show that male bowerbirds modify their courtship rituals based on the females' body language.
Más definiciones de bowerbirdDefinición de bowerbird en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.