1 Anatomy Relating to the arm or an arm-like structure: the brachial artery
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Also a fleshy slip may also arise from the medial border of biceps and pass to the medial intermuscular septum or medial epicondyle over the brachial artery.
- Occasionally, the axillary nerve or axillary artery may be injured; rarely, the brachial artery, brachial plexus, or another nerve may be injured.
- Rib, clavicle, brachial plexus, and pulmonary injuries are commonly associated with scapula fractures.
1.1 Zoology Denoting the upper valve of a brachiopod’s shell.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The prominent beak of the pedicle valve usually overlaps that of the brachial valve, in order to allow the shell to open and close.
- A few members of this group have the peculiarity of reflecting rather perfectly in the markings of their brachial valve the surface of the host shell to which the craniacean is attached.
- This differs from the crural plates described above in that no discrete plates can be discerned connecting to the floor of the brachial valve, and it is also in the form of a later overgrowth.
Late Middle English: from Latin brachialis, from brac(c)hium 'arm'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: bra|chial
Definición de brachial en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda