Having a relatively broad, short skull (typically with the breadth at least 80 per cent of the length). Often contrasted with dolichocephalic.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Thylacoleo are highly specialized brachycephalic predators with greatly hypotrophied molar rows and hypertrophied sectorial third premolars.
- In sthenurines the basioccipital plane is above the palatal plane, more markedly so in the brachycephalic species.
- However, we have fossil records that tell us the brachycephalic (short-skulled, short-nosed, flat-faced) dog breeds, which include the Shih Tzu, Pug, and Pekingese originated in Central Asia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The head shapes include brachycephaly (short front to back), scaphocephaly (long front to back), and trigonocephaly (triangular shape).
- The back of the head is slightly flattened (this is called brachycephaly) and the eyes tend to slant upwards.
- To correct brachycephaly both fused sutures are removed and the skull is narrowed and lengthened.
Definición de brachycephalic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda