Definición de bracket fungus en inglés:
A fungus which forms shelf-like projections on the trunks of living or dead trees, sending hyphae into the wood and sometimes causing the death of the tree or decay of the timber.
- Several families in the order Aphyllophorales, class Hymenomycetes
- It is a sessile wood inhabiting fungus and is commonly known as ‘bracket fungus’.
- Here you can see the basidiocarp of the bracket fungus growing on the trunk of this tree.
- The artist's conk is a particular kind of bracket fungus, Ganoderma applanata.
Definición de bracket fungus en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan