Definición de brackish en inglés:
1(Of water) slightly salty, as in river estuaries: a cup of brackish water
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Apparently any terrain is suitable as long as it is washed regularly by salty or brackish water.
- All are clad crisply in pre-oxidized copper panels, which are brawn, more than green, though this will change somewhat after winter gales spray the tower with the brackish water of the estuary.
- Although the water was slightly brackish he soon had some excellent results.
1.1(Of fish or other organisms) living in or requiring brackish water.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Schram considered Paulocaris to be a brackish to freshwater organism and Mamayocaris to be nearshore marine.
- In general, development rate is 1.5 to 2 times slower in freshwater calanoid copepods relative to their brackish or marine counterparts.
- A continuing supply of freshwater from streams entering the lake would have stimulated the growth of algae and other freshwater organisms, resulting in a mix of brackish and freshwater species.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- With each seasonal death of the marsh, some of the carp, crabs, and crayfish succeed in escaping to the brackishness of Sonoma Creek, from which they migrated.
- When used at the table it imparts a slight saltiness without the brackishness or lip cringing effect of other salts.
- These lovely little drum continued to be rather common this summer, possibly due to the increased brackishness in the Tappan Zee.
Palabras que riman con brackishblackish, quackish
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda