- A steep bank or hillside: a figure was spied struggling up the brae [in place names]: Skara BraeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Behind it are the braes of the Carse and the Sidlaw Hills and nearby are the villages of Longforgan and Inchture.
- Last year, while the guys were getting to grips with lochs and braes and forests, the only things to rustle up some excitement in me was a set of old rusted anchors.
- In the centre of the village, a small side road branched away and climbed a steep brae beyond the houses and back gardens.
Middle English: from Old Norse brá 'eyelash'. Compare with brow1, in which a similar sense development occurred.
Más definiciones de braeDefinición de brae en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.