sustantivoBritish • informal
- A high-ranking officer in the armed forces: military brass hats proudly handed out scores of prizesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They are basically trading casualties one-for-one with the regime loyalists which, as any brass hat will tell you, ain't no way to win at counter-insurgency.
- A small state with limited resources cannot afford to feed the army of bureaucrats and brass hats of the police.
- The brass hats are furious that an operational matter should be kicked around like a football across the House of Commons chamber.
late 19th century: so named because of the gilt insignia on the caps of such officers.
Más definiciones de brass hatDefinición de brass hat en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.