Definición de brattice en inglés:
A partition or shaft lining in a coal mine, typically made of wood or heavy cloth.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was past seven o'clock now and the first purple brattices of night were draping the eastern horizon.
- The shaft at Moorfield had the brattice removed and was fitted out with two double-decked cages.
- It was the practice to fill in the spaces between the brattices and the wax walls with slack.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The auxiliary winder is a ground-mounted, single drum winder with a double-deck, six-man cage on fixed guides in a bratticed compartment in the shaft.
- The shaft is divided or bratticed into two compartments, in the other one of which the pumps and their apparatus are placed.
- Nine men had survived the blast, had bratticed themselves into a side tunnel.
Definición de brattice en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India