- It was past seven o'clock now and the first purple brattices of night were draping the eastern horizon.
- The shaft at Moorfield had the brattice removed and was fitted out with two double-decked cages.
- It was the practice to fill in the spaces between the brattices and the wax walls with slack.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The auxiliary winder is a ground-mounted, single drum winder with a double-deck, six-man cage on fixed guides in a bratticed compartment in the shaft.
- The shaft is divided or bratticed into two compartments, in the other one of which the pumps and their apparatus are placed.
- Nine men had survived the blast, had bratticed themselves into a side tunnel.
Middle English (denoting a temporary wooden gallery for use in a siege): from Old French bretesche, from medieval Latin britisca, from Old English brittisc 'British'. The current sense dates from the mid 19th century.
Definición de brattice en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.