Definición de break rank or ranks en inglés:
1(Of soldiers or police officers) fail to remain in line.
- The colonel told the soldiers to break ranks and gather around him.
- However, they were slowly overwhelmed, and left with no other choice, the soldiers broke ranks and retreated.
- The soldiers would then break ranks and charge, raising their shields like the petals of a blooming flower.
1.1Fail to maintain solidarity: the government is prepared to break ranks with the Allied states
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some Republicans break ranks with the White House.
- And many have refused to break ranks with tradition.
- Then again, Malcolm, you probably wouldn't want to break ranks with your Fairfax colleagues.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan