1(Of soldiers or police officers) fail to remain in line.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The colonel told the soldiers to break ranks and gather around him.
- However, they were slowly overwhelmed, and left with no other choice, the soldiers broke ranks and retreated.
- The soldiers would then break ranks and charge, raising their shields like the petals of a blooming flower.
1.1Fail to maintain solidarity: the government is prepared to break ranks with the Allied states
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some Republicans break ranks with the White House.
- And many have refused to break ranks with tradition.
- Then again, Malcolm, you probably wouldn't want to break ranks with your Fairfax colleagues.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda