- 1A sudden, dramatic, and important discovery or development: a major breakthrough in the fight against AIDSMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The secret to the Pool Putter's success are two key breakthroughs discovered by Swedish engineer Leif Sundberg.
- The panels have been chosen to represent major breakthroughs achieved by the CSIR in scientific research.
- Scientists at the University of York have made a major breakthrough in the fight against prostate cancer.
- 1.1An instance of achieving success in a particular sphere or activity: his big breakthrough came in 1988 when he had two paintings accepted by the RSA [as modifier]: the band’s breakthrough albumMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It was a breakthrough series, setting trends for all comedy films to follow.
- This breakthrough film fascinates on many levels.
- Released in 1971, the year after Altman's breakthrough film, M * A * S * H, McCabe & Mrs. Miller remains one of the key American movies of the era.