sustantivo (plural igual)
1A greenish-bronze deep-bodied freshwater fish native to Europe.
- Abramis brama, family Cyprinidae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Experts will try to net all the native carp, bream and tench in the lake and take them to a fish farm before putting the poison into the water.
- This holds some big roach, bream, tench, rudd and carp.
- The fish appear to be feeding hard again after the spawning season, and the other lakes in this area should also fish well, with roach, rudd, bream and some tench available to be caught.
1.1Used in names of other fishes resembling or related to the bream, e.g. sea bream, Ray’s bream.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- After two hours all he's got is a tiddler bream and a silver trevally with poisonous spines.
- Shoals of saddled bream and horse mackerel loitered mid-water.
- I was heartened to also see good concentrations of dentex bream, the northern Mediterranean's equivalent of the barracuda.
Palabras que riman con breamabeam, agleam, beam, blaspheme, deem, deme, downstream, dream, esteem, extreme, gleam, hakim, kilim, meme, midstream, Nîmes, régime, scheme, scream, seam, seem, steam, stream, supreme, team, teem, theme, upstream
verbo[with object] Nautical , archaic
Clear (a ship or its bottom) of weeds, shells, or other accumulated matter by burning and scraping it: bonfires of brushwood, lighted to bream the sharp-bowed craft
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After being woken at 3am by his young daughter he realised that a heavy frost had fallen and would make breaming futile.
- Ships being breamed at a careenage would have fires built under them to burn off marine growth and faggots of reeds would be in demand for the purpose and might well have been sent down river in boat load quantities.
- She was then breamed, scraped, caulked, payed, sheathed and coppered in record time.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán