Definición de breech-loader en inglés:
A gun designed to have ammunition inserted at the breech rather than through the muzzle.
- Rifles became breech-loaders, then repeaters.
- The cartridges fired by these early breech-loaders were lacking in power when compared to muskets.
- The field officers who opposed the breech-loaders saw their job as controlling the troops.
- Example sentences
- For the next 50 years breech-loading muskets and rifles were made in England as sporting guns.
- The breech-loading cannons were set to fire in only one fixed direction and were of little use.
- This coincided with rapid improvement in firearms, with breech-loading rifles replacing the musket.
Definición de breech-loader en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan