A gun designed to have ammunition inserted at the breech rather than through the muzzle.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Rifles became breech-loaders, then repeaters.
- The cartridges fired by these early breech-loaders were lacking in power when compared to muskets.
- The field officers who opposed the breech-loaders saw their job as controlling the troops.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For the next 50 years breech-loading muskets and rifles were made in England as sporting guns.
- The breech-loading cannons were set to fire in only one fixed direction and were of little use.
- This coincided with rapid improvement in firearms, with breech-loading rifles replacing the musket.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: breech-loader
Definición de breech-loader en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda