1An area where birds, fish, or other animals habitually breed.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They're also conduits of life, breeding grounds for small marine animals and feed areas for larger ones.
- This was the largest recorded breeding ground and nest concentrated area.
- You cannot see mites, but you can either remove their favorite breeding grounds or keep these areas dry and clean.
1.1A place or situation that favours the development or occurrence of something: the situation is a breeding ground for political unrest
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That kind of situation is a teeming breeding ground for all sorts of unwanted trouble.
- University campuses became a main breeding ground for developments in the functionality of the Internet.
- They argue that lack of outlets for political expression create a breeding ground for extremists.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: breed|ing ground
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda