Any of a number of prickly scrambling shrubs, especially a wild rose: [as modifier]: a briar patch
- Genus Rosa, family Rosaceae: several species, including the Eurasian sweet briar (R. rubiginosa)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘You're not stupid,’ Bella continued, speaking more to the rose briars than to him.
- Glen smiled at the thought of a dirty forest with trees, briars, and wild animals.
- Throughout this long afternoon, we remained motionless in the briar patch.
- 1briary adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Concentrated and briary, it is spurred on by the 20 per cent grenache used in the blend.
- This offering heaves with fat, rustic, briary fruit.
- This bold, briary, palate is terrific value and will work well with hearty, meaty winter soups.
Old English brǣr, brēr, of unknown origin.
Palabras que riman con briaracquire, admire, afire, applier, aspire, attire, ayah, backfire, barbwire, bemire, buyer, byre, choir, conspire, crier, cryer, defier, denier, desire, dire, drier, dryer, dyer, enquire, entire, esquire, expire, fire, flyer, friar, fryer, Gaia, gyre, hellfire, hire, hiya, ire, Isaiah, jambalaya, Jeremiah, Josiah, Kintyre, latria, liar, lyre, Maia, Maya, Mayer, messiah, mire, misfire, Nehemiah, Obadiah, papaya, pariah, peripeteia, perspire, playa, Praia, prior, pyre, quire, replier, scryer, shire, shyer, sire, skyer, Sophia, spire, squire, supplier, Surabaya, suspire, tier, tire, transpire, trier, tumble-dryer, tyre, Uriah, via, wire, Zechariah, Zedekiah, Zephaniah
1 (also briar pipe) A tobacco pipe made from woody nodules borne at ground level by a large woody plant of the heather family.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Centenier finished his coffee, while Holmes selected and filled his briar pipe.
- The briar pipe continued to epitomise solid, dependable, common sense masculinity.
- Every man present had filled his clay or briar pipes with good Virginia tobacco.
Mid 19th century: from French bruyère 'heath, heather', from medieval Latin brucus.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda