- 1 [mass noun] The bricks in a wall, house, or other structure in terms of their type or layout: the patterned brickwork of the gablesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The optimum way of ensuring an unblemished appearance is to keep brickwork clean as walls are being built.
- Homeowners may also decorate by way of variations in thatching patterns, brickwork, or woodworking techniques.
- While plant growth can shorten the life of brickwork, a well-constructed wall should still last for many decades.
- 1.1The craft or occupation of building structures with bricks: in certain trades, such as brickwork, square metres would be expressed in thousands of bricksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- About 12 years ago I set up my own building company, and I went to college to do brickwork.
- He knew that I wanted to do brickwork and in the end he left me his tools.
- All this time I thought they were a bunch of guys that did brickwork for free.
- 2 (brickworks) [treated as singular] British A factory where bricks are made: we head over towards the old brickworksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Analysts have been famed for their reticence to come up with profit forecasts, even for a rock-steady business such as a brewery or brickworks.
- They are found in road-building gangs, in quarries and brickworks, on plantations and in sweatshops.
- The screenings were held in an abandoned brickworks in inner Sydney.
Más definiciones de brickworkDefinición de brickwork en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.