- The Trail threads through Langport and returns to the river under the railway bridge.
- I could see him striding across the wasteland to the Lochee Road towards the railway bridge at Muirton Road.
- The card is an old picture of what appears to be a Roman aqueduct - a bridge over a river.
- No more can he claim to be the bridge between the U.S. and the E.U.
- Ida likens the NFC to a bridge between the two worlds.
- Turkey has long tried to enter the expanding union, seeing itself as a bridge between Muslim countries and Europe.
- The captain ordered the bridge to keep the ship on its course but increase the ship speed by ten percent.
- Without question, all officers stationed on the bridge of the ship marched towards the fire control center.
- About two hours ago, the junior officers were called to the bridge to conduct ship handling drills.
- In the Weber test, the tuning fork is struck and placed on the midline of the forehead, the nasal bridge, or the chin.
- The smaller ethmoid sinuses are behind the bridge of the nose, between the eyes.
- I glide along her eyebrows and follow the bridge of her nose to her cheekbones.
- She pushed the bridge of her glasses further up on her nose.
- Men with small button noses should opt for metal framed glasses with high bridges.
- An inflated bridge piece is provided for use on eyeglass frames to increase comfort.
- A temporary bridge can be made so that you cannot see the spaces between the remaining teeth.
- Dentures and bridges that are supported by successful implants tend to be very secure.
- Implants can be used singly, to support a crown, or in groups to stabilise dentures or bridges.
- Popular instruments include the zither with 25 strings and movable bridges.
- Depressing the string behind the bridge gives great flexibility of pitch.
- I pointed at the spot between the sound hole and bridge, where this instrument had its fullest sound.
- They write choruses and bridges and songs that last longer than a minute and a half.
- The dropping of a simplistic synth line in the bridge and eventual chorus only sweetens the deal.
- The process continued until verses, choruses and bridges were written, along with some lyrics.
- It slides onto your cue, eliminating the need for a separate bridge.
- The front hand holds the mechanical bridge flat on the table.
- Lay the bridge on the table with the notch of desired height behind the cue ball.
- The internal harnesses comprise unlabeled black wires terminated at the bridge rectifiers and filter caps.
- It took me many tries to get the grease to seemingly connect the bridges without touching the other connections.
- A high sensitivity detector system utilizing a bridge balancing method is described.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Lift and stair are provided, leading to the curved walkway above, which bridges the road.
- Ties were also found covered with mortar bridging the cavity.
- Significant for bridging the two riverbanks of unequal height, its light steel structure has a delicate lace-like detail.
- The gap should also be bridged between heads of departments and principals.
- Differences on key issues could not be bridged.
- This article has attempted to show how the gap between educational theory and practice can be bridged.
a bridge too far
- A step or act that is regarded as being too drastic to take: having Botox would be a bridge too farMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Community, whether caustic or politely consensual, has an odd knack of seeming a bridge too far.
- However, Arnhem proved to be a bridge too far, immortalised in the film of the same name.
- Threatening physical violence against the host is a bridge too far, it would seem.
- 1.1Something that is very difficult to achieve: that second goal proved a bridge too farMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For others, alas, it clearly remains a bridge too far.
- Furthermore, its demand that the states give up their formal sovereignty is still "a bridge too far."
- In that sense the application was a bridge too far.
- Promote friendly relations between groups: the challenge for all politicians now is to build bridges between communitiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- No doubt both neighbours are making efforts to build bridges.
- Common interest groups, involving intergroup contact, should be central to Government policy to build bridges between divided communities.
- Prior to Cancun, the antiwar movement had already begun to build bridges with antiglobalization groups.
cross that bridge when one comes to it
- Deal with a problem when and if it arises.Oraciones de ejemplo
- You'll need to repave it every few years, but I guess you'll cross that bridge when you come to it.
- Waiting to cross that bridge when you come to it could be disastrous.
- If they later raise rates and institutions balk, cross that bridge when you come to it.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Two points was bridgeable but three was a bridge too far.
- Firstly, the second half of the season begins now and logic dictates that the gap is still bridgeable.
- Situated at the lowest point bridgeable on the Severn, it was long an important inland port.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
- This is possible because of the trumping rule, which is different from that in whist or bridge.
- Even before then, variants of it were popular with bridge players in Denmark and Southern Sweden.
- Other popular leisure-time pursuits include chess, bingo, and bridge.
In bridge, the members of each pair sit opposite one another; and in each hand one player (declarer) plays both his or her own hand and the exposed cards of their partner (dummy). The modern form of bridge is called contract bridge; its principal features are a complex bidding system and a scoring system for the card play in which only tricks that were bid as well as won count towards game. The main form of competitive bridge for tournaments is duplicate bridge, in which the same prearranged hands are played independently by several pairs or teams
late 19th century: of unknown origin.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.