- The brief visit left no time for discovery or inquiry.
- A brief visit to the temple in the house completes his morning routine before breakfast with the family.
- It consists of regularly scheduled, brief office visits.
- A few brief words about the move to Skaggerak in 1902.
- A brief word, though, about Ms. Young, whom I'd never heard of before.
- With a brief word from his chauffeur, they were allowed admittance.
- The room Tripitaka entered contained about 30 women, all dressed in very brief clothing.
- A cheerful female gorilla garbed in a brief shirt and a halter top stood at a podium.
- God, how she wished she were wearing something more than her brief underwear.
- When we receive a brief from a casting director, we go through our book of models and put forward who we think is suitable for the job.
- After receiving an informative brief on the testing process given by the warrant officer, the staff were counted.
- Chief executives of government authorities often complain that they are not given an unambiguous brief with clear mandates and a single objective.
- He was a barrister, he was offered a brief.
- Indeed, Mr Ross, now in his seventies, is still at his desk, working as a barrister taking briefs.
- The Bar Council last week announced that barristers could now take briefs directly from members of the public.
- The briefs on the other side of the case were written exclusively by major media companies, congressmen, and copyright holders.
- The team put together mountains of legal briefs to support the argument that Texas had no right to control the private conduct of its citizens.
- The Association has issued a number of legal briefs to support the civil rights of individuals.
- He has delivered a papal brief recommending it to that prince that he will take the same steps in this matter.
- He discovered that the agreement, far from being in accordance with the papal Brief, was in direct opposition to it.
- For a papal brief to be valid, it has to be read in the presence of those whom it concerns.
- He has all the information you'll need and will brief you thoroughly.
- However, you can't fake knowledge, and the waiter was thoroughly briefed on all aspects of the menu.
- Figuring I'd briefed him thoroughly on the other aspects of the policy, I answered his question.
- The exercise of sound judgment in briefing a barrister is one of the professional services a solicitor offers a client.
- We say that the solicitor was engaged and then briefed a barrister.
- That evening his solicitor was briefed by the police as to the circumstances of his arrest.
hold a brief for
hold no brief for
- British Not support or argue in favour of: I hold no brief for dishonest policemenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I definitely hold no brief for the Board and can never support its stand on these matters.
- I hold no brief for the organization, and the vast majority of Americans don't either.
- This newspaper holds no brief for the Chief Justice.
- In a few words; in short: he is, in brief, the embodiment of evil the news in briefMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Taking a look at news in brief tonight, a winter storm dropped up to 10 inches of snow in parts of the Midwest.
- The consequence is mass unemployment and weakened schemes for social protection - in brief, a breaking up of society.
- Here's the big guy's cinematic history in brief.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Despite the briefness of the play, there is certainly no lack of depth here.
- Surprised by the briefness of the conversation, I stuttered back, ‘O-okay, I guess.’
- Despite its briefness, Mason's work is the best of the three actors who are first billed in the film.
Briefs or underpants, which were first worn in the 1930s, are literally ‘shorts’. Brief comes from the Latin word brevis, meaning ‘short’, a root shared by abbreviate (Late Middle English) and the musical note breve (Late Middle English), which used to mean a short note.
Palabras que riman con briefaperitif, beef, belief, chief, enfeoff, fief, grief, interleaf, leaf, Leif, lief, Mazar-e-Sharif, misbelief, motif, naif, O'Keeffe, reef, seif, Sharif, sheaf, shereef, sportif, Tenerife, thief
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: brief
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.