- A European flatfish that resembles a turbot.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Scophthalmus rhombus, family Scophthalmidae (or Bothidae)
- The lakes, rivers and bay all combine to provide the choicest seafood - brill, turbot and trout.
- The roasted brill with artichokes and baby potato gratin sounded particularly good.
- For the main, the Gardener had the roasted brill with scallops, leek risotto with barolo sauce.
late 15th century: of unknown origin.
adjetivoBritish • informal
- Excellent; marvellous: a brill new series [as exclamation]: ‘She says I can spend half-term with you.’ ‘Hey, brill!’Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The game holds much resemblance to the brill Sci-Fi movies Back to the Future.
- The music is always fantastic and the atmosphere is brill.
- The decor is brill and the atmosphere on another level.
1980s: abbreviation of brilliant.