1(Of hair or foliage) having a stiff and prickly texture: he washed his bristly black hair the dunes were dotted with bristly little bushes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The bristly hair in your mustache prickles my skin, itching a bit.
- Mr. Gershwin, a rather catlike man with an intelligent face and bristly whiskers, began.
- My eyes were closed to avoid getting jabbed by the bristly grass blades.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He wore a red beard, just changed from the down of youth to the bristliness of manhood, and as yet unshaven.
- My beard sticks out straight from my face, so you can still see my skin underneath - it has none of the bushiness or bristliness of a proper beard.
- The vegetation of Lower California makes up in bristliness what it lacks in luxuriance.
Palabras que riman con bristlygristly
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: bris¦tly
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda