Definición de broadbill en inglés:
1A small, colourful bird of the Old World tropics, with a stocky body, a large head, and a flattened bill with a wide gape.
- Family Eurylaimidae: several genera
- I am not up to speed on the identification of antpittas, Eurasian emberizids and finches, or broadbills.
- The Old World has only about 50 species of suboscines, and these fall into three small groups: the outrageously colorful, short-legged, plump pittas; the broadbills; and the asities.
- Like the Mariana mallard, the Guam broadbill also was probably never abundant.
2chiefly North American A bird with a broad bill, especially a duck such as the shoveler or the scaup.
- The hunters, dressed in camouflage in floating duck blinds offshore, take aim at the broadbills, black ducks and mallards that are the prized bounty of these waters.
- Winter residents include large flocks of ducks, geese, and swans winter in the Sound. In West Haven, Connecticut 8,000 scaup (also called Broadbills or Bluebills) were regularly counted in the 1970s.
- In 1948 Heck won first place amateur with his broadbill and best diving duck, the same year in which Crisfield's Lem Ward won "Best in Show."
Definición de broadbill en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan