1(Of a tree or plant) having relatively wide flat leaves rather than needles; non-coniferous.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It mainly parasitizes alfalfa, but also attacks some horticultural crops, legumes, and broadleaved weeds, though it is seldom found on woody plants, grasses, or cereals.
- For example, if an herbicide controls broadleaved weeds but not grasses, grasses will fill the entire field.
- But the inventory shows that the area planted with native pine and broadleaved species, which provide better habitats for wildlife, is expanding.
1.1(Of a wood or woodland) consisting of broadleaved trees: ancient broadleaved woodlands
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Grazing, conifer removal and coppicing are just some of the management techniques being used to conserve species-rich grassland, broadleaved woodland and populations of rare butterflies on the scar.
- At a secret location near Skipton, logs are being used to grow gourmet varieties of mushrooms, in a scheme officers hope could inspire landowners to better manage broadleaved woods.
- During migration they are less restricted than during the breeding season and can be found in brushy areas, along streams, and in shady, broadleaved woodlands.
Palabras que riman con broadleavedunrelieved
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: broad|leaved
Definición de broadleaved en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda