(also brocket deer)
A small deer with short straight antlers, found in Central and South America.
- Genus Mazama, family Cervidae: four species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tapir, peccaries, and brocket deer appear to survive on cactus, while carnivores like jaguar and puma survive on fluids from their prey.
- New records and a status assessment of a rare dwarf brocket deer from the montane forests of Bolivia.
- The total length of a Mexican brocket deer ranges from 102 to 111 cm with an average weight of 17 kg.
late Middle English (denoting any red deer stag in its second year, with straight antlers): from Anglo-Norman French broquet, diminutive of broque, variant of broche (see brooch). The current sense dates from the mid 19th century.
Definición de brocket en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.