A large ungulate mammal of the Eocene epoch with a horn-like bony growth on the nose.
- Family Brontotheriidae, order Perissodactyla
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is particularly associated with work on the giant brontotheres, and he proposed a theory to account for their evolution and extinction.
- While brontotheres probably are most closely related to horses, they looked more like rhinoceroses.
- In this context, the evolution of brontothere horns has fascinated paleontologists for more than a century.
Definición de brontothere en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.