- Many Indian basketmakers were also skilled makers of chair seats, mats, brooms, and scrub brushes as well as wooden trays, bowls, and spoons.
- Brushes, brooms, scrubbing brushes and soap are provided by the owners.
- ‘Students were told to contribute money for the purchase of brooms, mops, brushes and paint for the contest,’ he said.
- A few suggested some places I could store my curling broom.
- The people who are travelling down the ice with their brooms will judge the speed of the ice and keep the skip in touch constantly with how fast they think the rock is travelling, and if it needs to be swept, then they will sweep it.
- The contestants use brooms to sweep a path on the ice for a sliding stone.
- The borders are pretty much full of the usual sort of things: cherry trees, broom, hawthorn, raspberries, rhubarb, pyracantha, clematis, birch, and like so.
- No flower born in the summertime was missing from it, not even the flower of the broom, the violet, the periwinkle, or any yellow, indigo, or white flower.
- Extremely narrow fairways and tiny greens mean the Scotch broom, beach grass and native rhododendron will snag anything off line.
a new broom sweeps clean
- proverb People newly appointed to positions of responsibility tend to make far-reaching changes: the company seems set to make a fresh start under a new broomMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They say that a new broom sweeps clean and that's what Ballina Town Council are hoping for with the urban borders extended drastically in January, 2002.
- They say a new broom sweeps clean, but in the case of Naas Rugby Club they are banking on old friends are best.
- Now he has been caught out by the new boss, President Hu Jintao, which proves that a new broom sweeps clean even in China.
Old English brōm was the name of the shrub. Of Germanic origin, it is related to Old English bramble. The name was applied to an implement for sweeping in Middle English when it was made of broom, heather, or similar twigs. The history of brush (Middle English) is not so clear, but both the brush for sweeping and the brush as in brushwood come from French and are probably the same word.
Palabras que riman con broomabloom, assume, backroom, bloom, Blum, boom, brume, combe, consume, doom, entomb, exhume, flume, foredoom, fume, gloom, Hume, illume, inhume, Khartoum, khoum, loom, neume, perfume, plume, presume, resume, rheum, room, spume, subsume, tomb, vroom, whom, womb, zoom
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.