Definición de browbeat en inglés:
verbo (past browbeat; past participle browbeaten)[with object]
Intimidate (someone), typically into doing something, with stern or abusive words: a witness is being browbeaten under cross-examination
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Don't let politicians or the media browbeat you, intimidate you or lie about you.
- And, to believe that ‘fighting back’ consists of browbeating our elected politicians into standing up and denouncing Republican badness and wrongness is infantile.
- They're condemning and browbeating anyone who questions any of this, branding dissenters as unpatriotic and treasonous.
bully, hector, intimidate, force, coerce, compel, badger, dragoon, cow, bludgeon, persecute, domineer, oppress, pressure, pressurize, tyrannize, terrorize, menace, subjugate, use strong-arm tactics on;
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘They were the browbeaters,’ said a former defense intelligence official who attended some of the meetings in which Wolfowitz and others pressed for a different approach to the assessments they were receiving.
- ‘Laurie can be effective, but also heavy-handed and a browbeater,’ said one politically active Hollywood insider, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
- The punctilious playwright is no issue-driven browbeater; he simply loves an exchange of dialogue regardless of the subject matter's latitude.
Palabras que riman con browbeatbreakbeat • offbeat
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda