Definición de brown algae en inglés:
A large group of algae that are typically olive brown or greenish in colour, including many seaweeds. They contain xanthophyll in addition to chlorophyll.
- Class Phaeophyceae, division Heterokontophyta (also phylum Heterokonta, kingdom Protista); formerly division Phaeophyta
- Some are featureless and probably represent bacterial mats, but a few have a stalk and seem to represent some sort of seaweed-like algae, possibly brown algae (phaeophytes).
- First, although the ‘algae’ are not monophyletic, the red algae, brown algae, etc., are monophyletic groups.
- The largest of the chromists are the Phaeophyta, the brown algae - the largest brown algae may reach over 30 meters in length.
Definición de brown algae en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan