A hare found commonly in much of Eurasia, though absent from Ireland.
- Lepus europaeus (or capensis), family Leporidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The biodiversity report lists 25 species at risk, including otters, brown hares, red squirrels, pipistrelle bats, porpoises, six varieties of dolphin and 13 types of whale.
- Ten species of waterfowl nest around the lake; kestrels and buzzards can be spotted in the woodland; and brown hares, stoats, weasels, grey and red squirrels can also be seen.
- Notable exceptions showed that white wagtails and brown hares shifted from scramble to contest competition as their food was increasingly clumped in space.
Definición de brown hare en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.