sustantivo[mass noun] trademark
A cream used on men’s hair to give it a smooth, shiny appearance.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He was horrified by the smoking, the alcohol consumed and the Brylcreem and the winkle-picker shoes they wore.
- As I was making my way through the sea of sequins and Brylcreem, I got an eerie feeling that something bad was about to happen.
- There are also old issues of Reader's Digest which carried advertisements for cigarettes and Brylcreem.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The old pavilion glistened flannel-white in the far corner, alongside the always-shaded football stand where only those in trilbies and suits were entitled to sit - with their befrocked ladies and their Brylcreemed sons.
- During the London heatwave of 1949, the Brylcreemed and debonair Derek Aylward was reprimanded by West End producer ‘Binkie’ Beaumont for wearing shorts and an open-necked shirt.
- The Adventures of Robin Hood was based on the familiar legend, though Robin was now a foppish, Brylcreemed matinee idol whose Lincoln greens appeared dry-cleaned despite his living rough in Sherwood Forest.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: Bryl|creem
Definición de Brylcreem en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda