- A tropical African shrub or small tree with glossy leaves and thorns which grow in pairs, one of each pair being straight and the other curved.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ziziphus mucronata, family Rhamnaceae
- The low canopies of these tree grove islands, usually made up of umbrella thorn and buffalo thorn provide shelter for game during the heat of the day and one can often see lion dozing in the shade of these thickets.
- The dominant tree species in these areas include Combretum erythrophyllum (river bushwillow) and Ziziphus mucronata (buffalo thorn).
- Today, Mannar is one of the bleakest places in Sri Lanka, with much of the land being sterile and repulsive, covered by a stunted growth of umbrella trees and buffalo thorns.