Definición de buffeting en inglés:
1The action of buffeting someone or something: the roofs have survived the buffeting of worse winds than this
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hood down, clever aerodynamic design ensures that the occupants are almost totally protected from wind buffeting, making open air motoring quite practicable, even at this late stage of the year.
- The magnetosphere varies in size and shape, and its outer boundary - the magnetopause - gently undulates like a wave due to buffeting by the solar wind.
- Even with the top down, you get very minimal wind buffeting, enough to tell you that you're driving a convertible, but it won't feel like sitting in the middle of a hurricane.
2 Aeronautics Irregular oscillation of part of an aircraft, caused by turbulence.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Mounted close to the wing on modified bomb racks, the tanks caused buffeting and, even more seriously, would not separate cleanly in the event they were dropped.
- The buffeting was traced to airflow from the engine nacelles partially blanking out the tail surfaces.
- Aerodynamic forces cause vibrations at the tip of a blade where the effects of transonic speeds cause buffeting and vibration.
Definición de buffeting en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda