- Grains and beans, such as barley, lentils, peas, beans, bulgur, whole wheat, etc., are great sources of complex carbohydrates.
- You can buy bulgar wheat (also known as cracked wheat) at most supermarkets these days.
- Kubbeh are bulgar dumplings filled with lamb meat and spices.
1930s: from Turkish bulgur 'bruised grain'.
goo from early 20th century:
This word for ‘a sticky substance’ was originally US and is perhaps from burgoo (mid 18th century), originally a nautical slang term for porridge, but now a thick soup or stew particularly associated with Kentucky. It is based on Persian bulġūr ‘bruised grain’, a word found in bulgar wheat (mid 20th century).
- In the ninth century, Orthodox missions from Constantinople converted the Bulgars, Serbs and Slavs, tribes who had invaded and settled the Balkan provinces some 200 years before.
- His cruelty won him the name of Bulgaroctonus, Slayer of the Bulgars.
- When the Bulgars rebelled again, Alexius was unable to control them.
Palabras que riman con Bulgarbudgerigar • nougat
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.