- He put a graph where he compared the value in weight of his degree with the corresponding value of gold bullion.
- Employees at the gold bullion and precious metals firm Johnson Matthey began the first in a series of 24-hour strikes on September 23.
- We will keep you fully posted on any further dictators / bullion / gold coins unearthed in palaces or small holes in the ground, and any business opportunities which may arise from such discoveries.
- The air is so thick with pollution that the canvas surface fairly crackles with beads and bullion.
- We carry a vast collection of tassels, curtain tie-back tassel, beaded fringe, bullion fringe, chainette fringe, tassel fringe, chair tie tassels, jacquard ribbon, lace, beaded appliqués and many more at the best possible prices.
- This pillow has a gorgeous raised peach tone fabric with quality leopard inlay and bullion fringe.
bulletin from mid 17th century:
The word bulletin derives from Italian bulletta meaning ‘official warrant or certificate’—something like a passport today. The root is the Italian and medieval Latin word bulla ‘seal, sealed document’, the source of bill meaning ‘written statement of charges’ and of bull meaning ‘papal edict’. The original Latin meaning of bulla was ‘bubble’, and this is the basis of bowl (Old English) in the sense ‘ball’ and ultimately ‘basin’ and of budge (late 16th century) which comes via French bouger ‘to stir’, from Latin bullire ‘boil, bubble’, bullet (early 16th century) originally a small ball, bullion (Middle English) from the idea of bubbling metal, and ebullient (late 16th century) ‘bubbling’.
Definición de bullion en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.