Definición de bullock en inglés:
A male domestic bovine animal that has been castrated and is raised for beef.
- There was very little difference in the top prices being paid for beef bullocks and heifers at Kilkenny Mart where there were over 1,200 head on offer.
- They brought with them 350 ewes, 45 wethers, ten bullocks, six heifers, one bull, four horses, and a number of goats and some poultry.
- Beef bullocks were up 10 / head and store heifers were dearer by 10-15 / head.
verbo[no object] Australian /NZ informal Volver al principio
Work long and hard: people have dropped dead bullocking their guts out
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A man of untiring energy, he "bullocked" along.
- if you take a selector who has bullocked all his life to raise crops on dusty, stony patches in the scrubs, and put him on land where there's plenty of water and manure, he's apt to get disheartened.
late Old English bulluc, diminutive of bula (see bull1). The verb ( late 19th century) is by association with a bullock's use as a draught animal.
Words that rhyme with bullockhammock
Definición de bullock en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan