Definición de bungee en inglés:
- I'd not been warned about the bungee cord dangling from the luggage rack, which swiftly entangled itself in the gears, getting me as greasy-fingered fixing it as I would have been refitting the chain on my old rattler.
- They reached the truck and Blair climbed in, stuffing his bag on the floor while Jim set the case in the back and secured it with a bungee cord.
- A good exercise for beginners to simulate the pole vault is to, while on the trampoline, land on your back, shoot up into the air feet first and try and clear a bungee rope being held in the air next to you.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- Despite my fear, I have jumped out of planes, bungeed over gambling towns, scaled buildings without ropes, and abseiled from the odd mountain here and there.
- But, try to get him to base jump after you're done bungeeing, well, then you're just being a bitch.
- That sound you heard was Mike ‘That Toddlin' Town’ Wilbon bungeeing off the Sears Tower.
1930s (denoting an elasticated cord for launching a glider): of unknown origin.
A bungee was originally a rubber or eraser, although why has yet to be discovered. In the 1930s the word came to mean an elasticated cord for launching a glider, and by the 1960s the bungee or bungee cord, with a hook at each end, was used for securing articles. By the late 1970s a similar band allowed the development of bungee jumping, the sport of jumping from a high place secured by a band round the ankles.
Palabras que riman con bungeegrungy, gungy, scungy, spongy
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.