sustantivo (plural burgundies)[mass noun]
- 1A wine from Burgundy (usually taken to be red unless otherwise specified): a glass of Burgundy [count noun]: elegant red burgundiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘We have different wine glasses for everything,’ notes Guillet, including individual styles for reds, burgundies, ports, Bordeaux and vintages from Alsace.
- One reason is that Jadot makes the Chateau des Jacques wines like they make their red burgundies - in other words, with no or very little carbonic maceration, the traditional Beaujolais vinification.
- Les Caves des H-C is a favourite producer, with good value, toothsome, classic red burgundies, such as this light, plum and cherry, barrel-aged, old vine, Grande Cuvée edition.
- 1.1A deep red colour like that of burgundy wine: warm shades of brown and burgundy [as modifier]: burgundy leatherMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The square is bedecked in rich burgundy tapestries and lords and ladies watch from their thrones in the terraces above.
- All the bridesmaids wore dresses of burgundy silk and carried matching posies.
- During the attack the woman's burgundy shoulder bag containing personal items of no real value was stolen.
Más definiciones de BurgundyDefinición de burgundy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.