sustantivo (plural bursae /-siː/ or bursas)Anatomy
A fluid-filled sac or sac-like cavity, especially one countering friction at a joint.
- Another slip may attach to the synovial bursa forming a tensor bursae mucosae tendinum.
- The psoas bursa communicates with the hip joint in the adult in approximately 20% of the population.
- Other locations include the ulnar aspects of the forearm, olecranon, and prepatellar bursae, Achilles tendons, and hands.
- Example sentences
- The rotator cuff was evaluated from both the articular and bursal surfaces.
- In an occasional case, one may be able to aspirate bursal fluid from the bursa itself before injection of corticosteroid.
- The physical examination should include a careful assessment of the affected joints, surrounding soft tissue and bursal areas.