2US A measure of capacity equal to 64 US pints (equivalent to 35.2 litres), used for dry goods.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Agronomist Roger Elmore, Ph.D., and his colleagues calculated those losses equal to about 3 bushels per acre.
- The 1798 daybook also shows that, as the old Dutch traditions faded, wheat was measured in bushels rather than schepels.
- New acres coming into production equal more potential bushels, which equal more subsidy dollars.
hide one's light under a bushel
- see hide1.
bushelful sustantivo (plural bushelfuls)
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And someone had tried the same thing with putting sand into bushelfuls of wheat just the previous autumn.
- I'll remember Horace as a true original, unhybridized, a bushelful of contradictions: stubborn but sentimental, steely and twinkly, old-school formal but startlingly earthy.
- Michelle has been known to eat fresh peas by the proverbial bushelful.
Definición de bushel en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.