- A herbaceous plant with bright yellow cup-shaped flowers, which is common in grassland and as a garden weed. All kinds are poisonous and generally avoided by livestock.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Ranunculus, family Ranunculaceae (the buttercup family). This large family also includes anemones, celandines, aconites, clematis, and hellebores, many of which have poisonous seeds
- Some rivals of the purple lilac included the buttercup, goldenrod, Mayflower, wood lily, purple aster, apple blossom, and the evening primrose.
- One afternoon, on the anniversary of the day she was taken from her family's home, Irina walked through a field of flowers - daisies and buttercups, poppies and sunflowers.
- I recall clutching colorful handfuls of pale blue cornflowers, dainty yellow buttercups, fragrant pink wild roses and yes - golden black-eyed Susans.
Más definiciones de buttercupDefinición de buttercup en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.