Definición de cabinet en inglés:
- The walls were lined with racks and shelves and cupboards and cabinets holding an assortment of equipment in organized rows.
- The huge old kitchen was rife with cabinets and cubbies, drawers and cupboards, shelves and pie-safes, and each one had been crammed full.
- They went through cabinets, shelves and drawers, pulling out professional looking documents and files.
- Today high density polyethylene, with its linear chains, is used for radio and television cabinets, toys, and large-diameter pipes.
- Street furniture, utility cabinets and junction boxes are next up on the cleaning agenda.
- The loudspeaker resembled a 30s valve radio in that it had a large speaker grille and a wooden cabinet and seemed to have been created for the schools market.
- He chairs the meetings of the <emcabinet and appoints ministers to the numerous cabinet committees.
- He has retained a cabinet post as senior minister since second-generation PAP leaders came to power.
- Before he became prime minister, he had also headed the powerful education and industries ministries as well as the cabinet committee on economic affairs.
- Executive power is vested in a cabinet headed by a president who is head of state and commander in chief.
- So I've been working on it myself, and I've had some advisers from my cabinet when I was president, as well as some Carter Center folks.
- As far as they have been concerned, reliance on staff has served their purposes better than a system that relies on the cabinet or the executive branch departments.
The modern meaning of ‘a piece of furniture’ developed from the original sense ‘little cabin’ or ‘small room’. The use for the body of chief ministers who meet to discuss government policy dates from the 17th century. Confidential advisers of the monarch or chief ministers used to hold their meetings in a private room, and in time the term for the room was applied to the politicians themselves. Compare board
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.