(also caboched or cabossed /-ˈbɒst/)
adjetivo[usually postpositive] Heraldry
- (Of the head of a stag, bull, etc.) shown full face with no neck visible.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The bear's head cabossed does not meet that criterion, and is unidentifiable when erminois.
- The official Institute of Heraldry blazon is ‘An elk's head caboshed proper.’
- According to Scotland's Lord Lyon records, heraldic seals associated with the family frequently use a stag's head cabossed as the central image associated with the coat of arms.
late 16th century: from French caboché, in the same sense.
Más definiciones de caboshedDefinición de caboshed en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.