Definición de cachinnate en inglés:
verbo[no object] rare
- He squealed to no end while she cachinnated maniacally at the tribulation of the poor helpless doctor.
- So he's releasing a bevy of albums of late, and I shan't cachinnate nor chortle at this dispatch.
- I chuckled, guffawed, chortled and cachinnated my way through the book.
early 19th century: from Latin cachinnat- 'laughed loudly', from the verb cachinnare, of imitative origin.
- Example sentences
- Even someone remarking in polite company about somebody who ‘had one of the longest beards I've ever seen’ is given a suggestive pause after longest, eliciting obscene cachinnations from the groundlings.
- ‘Come now, be serious little boy,’ Christy simpered to me, slightly breathless after her cachinnation.
- That at the ripe old age of a quarter-century the play still crackles with cachinnation (note the k's!) is a hopeful sign.
Words that rhyme with cachinnatemachinate
Definición de cachinnate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan