sustantivo (plural cachous)• dated
- A pleasant-smelling lozenge sucked to mask bad breath.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some of these, such as medicinal lozenges and scented cachous, have declined in popularity in the 20th century; but others, such as mints and sherbet, are still consumed enthusiastically.
- The predecessors of little floral cachous were used by court ladies as breath-fresheners.
- By referring to the notes we can learn that Davitt and Parnell were two Irish politicians of the time, and that a cachou was a popular cashew candy (the brushes aren't explained).
late 16th century (in the sense 'catechu'): from French, from Portuguese cachu, from Malay kacu. The current sense dates from the early 18th century.
Más definiciones de cachouDefinición de cachou en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.